MTS to MKV-Jointless MTS merging and rewrapping to MKV containe
High definition consumer camcorders like Sony Handycam, JVC Everio and Panasonic DMC series shoot and save footage in AVCHD file structure (based on actual directory structure from Canon and Panasonic camcorders). Aside from recorded audio and video, AVCHD includes features to improve media presentation: menu navigation, slide shows and subtitles. There are 2 problems when it comes to playing raw AVCHD contents because of the file system.
1. For better playback of AVCHD contents, it requires that your Blu-ray player or HD media player support navigating AVCHD file structure, while the latter needs to be re-generated each time you delete some unnecessary .MTS or .M2TS clips.
2. When you have an HD media player (e.g. WD TV Live Plus) read individual .MTS and .M2TS clips instead of AVCHD file system, the order of the recordings is messed up. This media player supports the most popular file formats listed as below:
One good solution to solve the problem is, organize and join the AVHCD .MTS/.M2TS together. Merging .MTS/.M2TS clips usually takes a long time encoding the H.264 contents. So you may have seen this question asked somewhere else:
"Does anyone know of a way to join multiple .MTS files - without having to re-encode the video?"
To fast organize and join .MTS/.M2TS files without encoding, the Pavtube Media Magician for Mac is a best choice. Its "Lossless Output" option provides a jointless MTS/M2TS/TOD merging and rewrapping solution. This allows you to capture AVCHD footage from camcorder and join multiple .MTS or .M2TS clips into one and rewrap it to M2TS or MKV format without encoding. Not only the processing time is greatly shortened, but also you get the original HD quality.
Free Download Pavtube Media Magician or Mac
Note: The free trial version of Pavtube Media Magician for Mac has the following limitations:
[*] It will add Pavtube logo watermark in output file(s).
[*] Lossless output has a file size limit of 5 minutes.
To remux camera videos to MKV/M2TS, you need to use "Lossless Output" in Media Magician for Mac. There are some things you need to pay attention to while using "Lossless Output":
1. Currently the "Lossless Output" only handles MTS, M2TS, MOD, and TOD formats, thus you are limited to do the following rewrapping without conversion:
- Remux MTS to MTS
- Remux M2TS to M2TS
- Remux TOD to TOD
- Remux MOD to MOD
- Remux MTS to MKV
- Remux M2TS to MKV
- Remux TOD to MKV
- Remux MOD to MKV
2. The format and codec of video files on timeline should be substantially the same;
3. Any editing effects (such as Effect, Audio, 3D) will be ignored when output.
The steps to merge and remux AVCHD videos to M2TS/MKV on Mac.
Step 1. Import source files into Media Magician for Mac
Run Pavtube Media Magician for Mac, load source videos into it. (Learn the details on how to import source videos into Media Magician) ??
Step 2. Organize and edit the loaded clips in Timeline panel
In the Timeline panel of Pavtube Media Magician for Mac, you can copy a video clip by "Duplicate This Clip" in the Timeline. You can also change the start time and end time of a clip to trim/cut off unwanted parts in a movie clip. To remove clips, select one or more clips in the sequence and press "Delete". You can also change the order of clips once they are there in the Timeline. If you would like to split a clip into two parts, you can drag the cursor/pointer to the right place and click the "Cut" button to cut off the clip.
Step 3. Remux camera videos to MKV/M2TS with no conversion on Mac
Choose "Output" in the main interface, and click "Plus" icon to add conversion task before selecting output format. Then switch to "Lossless" > "original" or "Lossless" > "MKV" and click "Start" to begin exporting M2TS to M2TS or remux MTS/M2TS/TOD/MOD to MKV without recompression on Mac.