For whatever reason, Sony and Panasonic still refuse to play nicely together. So Sony and Panasonic lawyers can’t agree on the terms under which to “share” this proprietary information so that Vegas can support Panasonic P2 MXF. Have you found that Sony Vegas Pro can not read native MXF files in a P2 card or a hard drive? If you have to edit P2 MXF from Panasonic AG-HVX200 with Sony Vegas, what will you do?
Actually, it is easy to solve the importing problem of P2 MXF and Sony Vegas Pro. You just need to convert P2 MXF footage to MPEG-2, the compatible video format for editing in Sony Vegas Pro. Besides, if you don't have so much spare space, WMV is also a great choice for you. In order to preserve the HD quality of your MXF files, a top MXF to MPEG Converter becomes the most important part in the problem-solving process. Here recommened the best MXF Converter as well as the four-step guide for you to get your P2 MXF converted to MPEG for importing to Sony Vegas Pro.
Guide: Transcode P2 MXF files to MPEG-2/WMV for Sony Vegas Pro.
Things to be noted: The MXF Converter is compatible with Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 and always free updated. With it, you can deinterlace and transcode P2 1080i MXF footage to MPEG-2 for Vegas at a fast speed with CUDA&AMD Technologies. Plus the converted video quality is excellent for editing.
2) Hit the Format box and get the drop-down list. Select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas --> MPEG-2 (*.mpg) as output format. Besides, you can also choose WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv) if you want to get the MXF files converted with smaller size.
3) Adjust video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, the Codec of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., in the Profile Settings.
Tip: For MXF to MPEG-2 conversion, if you want to keep you 5.1 Channels as original, please set ac3 as audio codec.
1. Joining files: Tick the box "Merge into one" on the main interface.
2. Preview: Double click on the file and you can get a preview on the converter.
3. Auto shutdown: Click Option and tick the box “Shut down the computer after conversion” before conversion starts.
4. 3D conversion. The Red-Blue/Red-Green 3D conversions are supported.
5. Deinterlace 1080i files: Click Edit --> Effect --> Deinterlacing.
6. Crop: Edit --> Crop and you can get the imported videos cropped as you want.
After the MXF to MPEG conversion, you can now easily transfer your Panasonic AG-HVX200 recordings to Sony Vegas Pro, including Sony Vegas Pro 8/9/10/11, for editing without any problem. Besides, if you have other editing software or want to switch to another editing software, like Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Elements, Windows Movie Maker, Magix Movie Edit Pro, etc., you needn't worry about the incompatibility problem with the versatile MXF Converter.