FS-5 MXF Converter for Mac-Convert MXF to FCP on Mac with ProRes
summary:In this post, get to know how to convert Vitec Multimedia FS-5 MXF to FCP on Mac with ProRes Editing Codec.
The Vitec Multimedia FS-5 is a highly portable Direct To Edit (DTE) recorder designed for standard DV and HDV camcorders. As with previous models, the unit records footage directly through FireWire. Enhancements over previous models include a backlit, high-resolution LCD screen, ultra-light design, along with intuitive menus and controls. Suitable for the harshest environments, the FS-5 provides 10 seconds of shock cache to ensure footage is never lost due to vibration. Additional features include time lapse recording, scene marking, clip categorization, and the ability to assign custom metadata.
The Vitec Multimedia FS-5 supports so many recording formats, like AVI Type 1, AVI Type 2, AVI Type2 24p, Canopus AVI, Matrox AVI, MXF, Pinnacle AVI, Quicktime, Quicktime 24p, RawDV. But, when you import MXF files to FCP for editing, problems occurred. Although Final Cut Pro can support many HD codec, you will meet some stuttering problem when viewing the FS-5 MXF footage in FCP on Mac. Plus, FCP does not support direct editing of AVC-Intra in the timeline. Final Cut Pro most compatible format is Apple ProRes. The best solution to solve the MXF importing issues on FCP is to transcode FS-5 MXF to ProRes for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X on Mac.
Now, to make it easier to edit Vitec Multimedia FS-5 recorded MXF videos, you can use Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac, which works as a great Mac MXF Converter. It enables you to convert FS-5 Portable DTE Recorder .mxf videos to Apple ProRes MOV with least quality loss. For easier editing, this cool Mac tool can also help you to merge multiple FS-5 Portable DTE Recorder video clips.
Here is the step-by-step guide for you.
1. Download and install the best FS-5 Portable DTE Recorder MXF to ProRes Converter and launch it to add your MXF videos to it.
2. Click on the “Format”> Final Cut Pro, Apple PreRes 422(HQ), Apple PreRes 422, Apple ProRes 422(LT), etc are all the proper choice for you.
3. Click "Settings" to adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, bit rate, channels. Set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 will be better.
4. Check off the "Merge into one" box to combine your .mxf files into one. Then, click Convert button to start converting FS-5 Portable DTE Recorder MXF to FCP friendly Apple ProRes 422 for native editing on Mac OS X.
5. When the conversion ends, you can run the Final Cut Pro and click File --> Import --> Files to import the resulted MOV files and edit them in FCP easily, you can follow this import video to fcp guide.
It is easy to convert multiple MXF files to Apple ProRes 422 for Final Cut Pro editing, please have a try, this software will solve your MXF files onversion and editing problems, and then you can import and use your FS-5 recorded MXF files in FCP (X) on Mac without any problems.
Tips:If you want to burn batch MXF files to DVD disc or ISO files or folder files for backup or watching, you can try Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac, which can burn HD videos to DVD easily. Now you can get this DVD Creator product for free, just need to buy any one converter, for more Pavtube Christmas discount details, please visit its official activity page.
PS. If you have any problem, pls contact with firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.
Learn more Cameras/Camcorders related tutorial, pls view our Canon Column, MXF Column, FCP Column