Can I import YouTube or Flash(flv/f4v) files into FCP 6/7/X?
Summary: Follow this article, you will know how to convert and import YouTube video, Flash video in FLV/F4V to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X for editing on Mac.
The following are two questions from FCP users:
Question 1: How to import YouTube videos into FCP 7 for editing
"I am doing a television interview, and we want to cut away to a YouTube video. Is there a way to download and import YouTube videos into Final Cut Pro 7?"
Question 2: How to import and edit Flash (.flv) files in FCP X?
"I am currently away from my personal computer and so I do not have access to FCP. Can someone tell me whether or not it is possible to edit Flash (.flv) files in FCP X? If it is necessary to convert the .flv files, does anyone know of a quality, easy-to-use program that can do that?"
Flash Video is a container file format used to deliver video over the Internet using Adobe Flash Player versions 6–11. Flash Video content may also be embedded within files. There are two different video file formats known as Flash Video: FLV and F4V. The audio and video data within FLV files are encoded in the same manner as they are within files. The latter F4V file format is based on the ISO base media file format and is starting with Flash Player 9 update 3.
This article is mainly to show the way to import YouTube video, Flash video in FLV/F4V to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X. As many users get FLV/F4V videos from YouTube or other online websites, problems are coming up, some of them have the need to import FLV/F4V files to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X for editing on Mac, but they always have the importing problems due to the video codec and format. Though Final Cut Pro is able to import and edit any QuickTime compatible video format, camera-native formats, even Apple ProRes, there is still limitation in importing YouTube video and FLV/F4V to Final Cut Pro, let alone to edit those kind of video formats.
As we know, the Final Cut Pro 6/7/X only supports few formats, it doesn't support FLV/F4V files well, so in order to import FLV/F4V to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X, you need to convert YouTube, FLV/F4V videos to FCP 6/7/X compatible formats, such as Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, this format is best supported by Final Cut Pro. Now you can follow the steps below to convert FLV/F4V to Apple prores 422 MOV for Final Cut.
This following will introduce a step by step guide on how to successfully import YouTube and Flash FLV/F4V video to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X.
1. Download Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. It's the professional FLV/F4V converter, this software can help you convert YouTube videos or Flash FLV/F4V to Apple ProRes, AIC, etc.
2. Install and launch the software, import FLV/F4V videos to the FCP converter for Mac. Click format bar to choose the best video format for output. You are recommended to choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov). if you need to edit in FCE, you can choose iMovie/Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov) format.
3. You can click settings button to adjust the output video's parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, etc.
4. Edit function is easy and useful, you can trim, crop, or add watermark to the video.
5. Click convert button to start convert/compress YouTube and Flash(FLV/F4V) to ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X editing on Mac.
After conversion, you just need to transfer converted videos to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X then you can edit the videos as you want. This software can convert FLV/F4V to Final Cut with best video and audio quality.
Breaking news: "Buy One Get One Free" in Pavtube Christmas and New Year Promotion activity! Now if you buy any converter product, you can Free Get Pavtueb DVD Creator for Mac, which can easily burn any video to DVD disc/ISO files on Mac. In the promotion activity, you can get up to 40% off on other products, please have a look.
PS. If you have any problem, pls contact with firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.